Vacation travel should be bliss, not stressful. Holiday travel plans must be detailed in advance, especially if it is international and involves the family, adults must cater for children first. Here are some tips for 2012 traveling:
1. Read up on destination, including latest news
2. Look at destination photos and guide
4. Select your destination (popular destinations: like Los Angeles & Las Vegas in America, London & Paris in Europe and Sydney in Australia. Great places for your trip: Canada, Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong, Mexico, Caribbean, Buenos Aires, China or Africa)
5. If possible avoid June, July and Aug, especially Jun
6. Check destination website and blog for the latest reviews and articles of your getaway. Advance information and advice on food and public events will make your stay more pleasant
8. You travel cheaper if airline is not important to you
9. You travel cheaper if pm flight is ok with you
10. Find and book you flights first. Make seat reservation as it is usually difficult to change later
11. Search for cheap deals. Know your preference for hotels - city, beach, resort style, etc.
12. Be clear of the service level you expect: Budget or luxury - Price and hotel rates you are willing to consider
14. Plan airport transfer details
15. Day activities - tour, cruise and car rental
16. Search details of attractions online and ensure options for child activities are available.
17. Road travel is the best way to visit places in a country. If you want some adventure renting a car can be better than travel packages by train, bus or tour groups. Being mobile gives you great control in selection of popular location to visit and shop & restaurants to patronage
19. Things to remember for your journey: maps, medications, official documents, printout of tickets and credit card.
20. Top advice - cultures can be worlds apart. London, UK to New York, United States needs lesser cultural adjustment compared to remote islands in south pacific or some exotic countries in Asia
21. Get connected with social media: video your trip, upload to Facebook and twitter